Accounting Assistant I
Reliable Power Systems and Reliable Electrical Services is a full-service, family-owned electrical contracting company specializing in residential electrical service and installations.
Exceptional customer service is the cornerstone on which Reliable has been built. We are proudly celebrating our 17th year of business!
We are searching for a motivated Accounting Assistant who is an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. Accounting Assistants can expect to assist the Accounting department with data entry, processing, recording transactions and administrative tasks. You should be thorough, accurate, and honest with good bookkeeping skills.
To be a successful Accounting Assistant, you should have an understanding of basic Accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software, such as MS Excel or Quickbooks. You should be trustworthy, efficient, organizedand a team player.
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities:
- Providing support to the Accounting Department.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- Processing transactions, issuing checks, and auditing statements
- Assist department with any projects that need completion
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
- 2+ years’ accounting/bookkeeping experience (accounts payable preferred)
- High school diploma/GED required / associate degree in related field with work experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic Accounting principles.
- Professional manner and strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
- Some accounting education preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Typing speed minimum 50 WPM
- Proficiency with Windows operating system
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour